Monday, April 2, 2007

Impersonal, indifferent, and apathetic, and being happy

I think these are the qualities that we somehow manage to acquire inevitably as we grow older. Perhaps it is because we feel more comfortable adopting these qualities, so that we are not bothered with unecessary distractions that pulls us away from paying full attention to ourselves. This stems from the fact that we perceive that we are the most important person in the world! You can deny it however you want, and say that you will sacrifice anything for your family and loved ones, but in the end whatever you do, ultimately is for your own happiness, or what you think is good for others, is actually what you think is good for yourself.
There is nothing wrong about loving yourself.
The problem comes when you love yourself too much, so much so that it encroaches onto other people happiness and hence making other people suffer as the consequence your selfishness.
Because we are in pursuit of our own deluded concept of happiness, externally, that we forget that in reality whatever feeling of happiness is generated internally, in our mind. I don't know why I have become so philosophical tonight, perhaps my bedtime beckons, and I am getting hypnagogically philosophical, or I just need to post something in my blog, in order to make myself happy. Good night. May Happiness blossom within you, and not plucked from others. 

1 comment:

Sasi a.k.a Saz said...

who the fark messed with your char koay teow ???

My way of saying your mood/ feeling ect ect