Wednesday, January 3, 2007

New Year, Old Story

My 1st day of work in 2007, and I was woken-up by my Nemesis, ironically to tell me that she will be late too, thanks to the jet-lag that I still haven't fully recovered yet. This was followed by an adrenaline surge and the dash to get there first before she does... I succeeded.

I was greeted by a retinue of medical students, and it suddenly strucked me that since my Nemesis is not around, I am expected to do a teaching ward round! Darn, and my mindset hasn't switched from holiday to working-cum-teaching mood yet.

Of course the teaching was post-poned.

Sadly, at my expense, there were more excuses for being late later on the day, and the remark of how I wish I won the lottery for 2 million and I will quit came up again. I couldn't resist but to answer, the 1st step to be a multi-millionaire (nowadays being a millionaire is insufficient), is to actually participate in the lottery!

No comments: